If you have an apple-shaped body, then you know that finding clothes that fit and look good can be a challenge. You may feel like you are always swimming in your clothes or like they never quite seem to flatter your curves in the right way. Don’t worry, we have some fashion tips for apple-shaped body types that will help you look and feel your best!
Fashion Tips for Apple-Shaped Body Types
What is an apple-shaped body type?
An apple-shaped body type is characterized by a round tummy and thin arms and legs. If you have this body type, you may find that your clothes fit differently in the bust and waist area, and that you have a difficult time finding clothes that flatter your curves.
Here are some fashion tips for apple-shaped body types:
- Choose clothing that fits well in the bust and waist, but is loose in the tummy area. This will help to camouflage your trouble spot and give you a more flattering silhouette.
- Try dresses and skirts that have an A-line cut. This style of dress will skim over your tummy area and give you a slimming effect.
- Wear tops that have ruching or gathering at the empire waist. This will help to draw attention away from your midsection and give you a more flattering look.
- Avoid tight-fitting clothes, as they will only accentuate your problem areas. Instead, opt for clothing that is loose and flowy.
- For your bottom half, try wearing skirts and pants that are flared or bootcut. This will help to create a more defined waistline and balance out your curvier hips and thighs. A high-waisted skirt or pants is also a great option, as it will help to elongate your torso.
- Avoid wearing clothing that is baggy or shapeless, as it will only make you look bigger than you are. Additionally, avoid wearing tight clothing, as it will only accentuate your curves. Instead, opt for clothing that is fitted but not tight, and that is made from lightweight fabrics like cotton or silk. This will help you to look and feel your best.
- Dresses and skirts that flare out from the waist or have A-line silhouettes will help to balance your proportions
- Dark colors and patterns are generally more flattering on apple-shaped body types than light colors
- Accessories can also help to flatter your figure – choose belts, necklaces, and earrings that draw attention to your upper body
Although it may seem like a daunting task, finding flattering clothing for apple-shaped body types is definitely doable with a little bit of know-how. By following the tips we’ve outlined in this post and by being mindful of your body shape when shopping, you can look and feel amazing in clothes that fit you well.
Don’t forget to check out our article on fashion tips for your body type